It's finally sweater season, but don't let your beach body go to waste. Keep up with your workouts and maintain your healthy eats.
Some professionals and chefs will tell you that we eat with our eyes first. The sight of a colorful, beautifully prepared meal is likely to cause us to want to try things that we might never think of trying otherwise.
So we're featuring our Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Tomatoes Recipe with you guys. It's yummy, easy, light and downright pretty on a white plate!
-1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 pounds)
-2 cups cherry tomatoes
-2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons of chooped fresh italian parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder -1⁄4 cup sliced black olives or kalmata olives
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for roasting your tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil during the last step
- salt, pepper and garlic powder (not garlic salt) for seasoning
1.Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Cook Time: 1 hour
Makes: 4 servings
- Place whole squash in the oven, middle rack. Bake until rind can be easily pierced with a knife.
- When done, allow the squash to cool until can be easily handled.. Then cut the squash lengthwise, gently scrape the insides, toss the seeds. It will come out as spaghetti-like and a bit watery. Place in a large bowl and allow the juices to drain from the squash. Drain the juice!
- Roast your tomatoes in a small pan w/a tsp. of olive oil. Tomatoes are done when the skins start to blister and char.
- Place the squash, tomatoes, olives, olive oil, pepper, and fresh basil, italian parsley in a bowl. Season with salt/pepper/garlic powder to your liking and toss gently until well mixed.
- Top with slivered almonds or parmesan cheese and serve!
Nutrition Facts: 220 calories/serving (2cups)
7g fat, 2g saturated fat
38g carbohydrate, 7g protein
8g fiber, 15g sugar, 270mg sodium